Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dusty's Daily Animations



I'm going to start this for the month of February (but dont' wait to leave a message), maybe longer if the response is good. I've set up a voicemail service where people can leave messages. Then I am going to select a few of these to animate. I'm going to try to do one every day. I'll try. They should definitely be under thirty seconds, but preferably around ten or fifteen seconds. Just a few sentences, an idea, a word that you think sounds cool, a line from a book that you like, something you heard in the hall that afternoon, a secret that you don't want anyone to know, or maybe you do, something that bothers you, something that... you get the idea, right? Basically anything. I just think it is a perfect project for you, partially because I want to animate something you say, but also because you can give it to the students and let them run with it. You can do more than one, you can do as many as you want. You can do it a few times a day. If it runs long term, I might have regulars that I do often. I don't know. Of course, the idea is in its infancy and will change ten times by the end of this email. Everything will be anonymous, unless the person leaves his name and wants to be recognized.

I'm going to set up a site on vimeo.com, and the address will be:
http://vimeo.com/channels/animationhotline

warmly,
dusty
The animation hotline number is:
212-683-2497

put it in your speed dial!

No comments: